Hit the gym Tuesday night. Did the usual ‘throw the gym bag to reserve the power/squat rack’ routine but when my time came up to get going, the single movable bench was not available.
So, I had to do Bench like a normal person.
What ended up happening is that the Squat rack never let up. Sooooo… I had to do Squats at the work fitness room. More on that later.
Here’s the workout:
- Barbell Bench Press 2×5 170#
- Reverse Barbell Curl 5×15 55#
- Leg Press 1×10 135#; 1×10 225#; 2×10 315#; 1×5 405#
- Smith Machine Squats 2×5 170#
- Cable Bicep Curls 3×15 100#
- Overhead Cable Triceps Extensions 3×15 100#
- Barbell Bench Press 170# for 10 reps
- Smith Machine Squats 170# for 10 reps
- Machine Curls 5×15 55#
- Overhead Cable Triceps Extensions Dropsets from 100#
Results: Chasing the pump.
Mondays is my Arm day: I put in a little bicep work and finish off with Biceps and Triceps cable curls. I push to get stronger and then I deload to get my form and high reps back on track.
I ain’t going to lie: I chase that Arm Pump.
And last night, I got it. My arms wasn’t huggin’ the 2XL sleeves before the training were hugging afterwards. The entire upper arm was super tight.
I forgo Triceps work because of the Bench and OHP work. However, I think I want to turnt up the tricep work by doing Close Grip work with the Bench or the Lat Pulldown.
Squats – When there is a will, there is a way to Squat–even if you have to use a Smith Machine.
And even my work “gym” had their Squat Machine in use. So I decided to get creative and warm up on the Leg Press.
This is not a point of bragging but it did feel pretty good maxing out Leg Press machine for warm-ups.
Supplements: C4 taken 30 minutes prior to working out.
Food: 2,587cal 333c 73f 155p